Currently looking for a motivated Respiratory Therapist to work 11a-11p, with every third weekend at Nemours Children's Heath, Delaware.
This position is responsible for: Providing, under the general direction of the Therapist in Charge or Assistant Director of Respiratory Care, all routine and emergency respiratory care in all patient care areas. The Respiratory Therapists provide clinical direction for respiratory care trainees and technicians. The therapists provide consultation and education to other healthcare professionals as well. The therapist is in routine contact with patients during the provision of hands-on care and in frequent contact with patients' families. The respiratory therapist will have contact with other hospital staff, such as nurses and physicians.
1. Verify all physician orders for respiratory care. and provide age and developmental-appropriate care to infants, children, adolescents, and adults.
2.Assess patients clinically and evaluate for appropriateness of therapy.
3. Provide aerosolized medication therapy, provide airway clearance therapies , airway management such as trach changes, tube taping, suctioning, medical gas therapy., ventilator setup and management., perform non-invasive monitoring, i.e., pulse oximetry, transcutaneous O2/CO2 and end-tidal CO2 monitoring, assist with in-house and inter-facility transports.
4. Provide emergency respiratory care, i.e., airway management and cardiopulmonary resuscitation, perform arterial blood gas sampling, point of care testing and electrocardiograms., participate in airway management during bronchoscopies.
5. Document care provided, patient assessment and patient care orders in electronic medical record (EMR) or hard copy when necessary. Enter charges in EMR
6. Participate in discharge planning and home-care education by training patients, their families, and designated care providers.
7. Provide recommendations and education to physicians and nurses regarding respiratory care.
8. Participate in the evaluation or respiratory care equipment and procedures and maintain current knowledge about departmental policies and procedures.
Graduated a COAARC Approved Respiratory Care Program
Nemours is committed to improving the health of children. As a non-profit children’s health organization, we consider the health of every child to be a sacred trust. Through family-centered care in our children’s hospitals and clinics in Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Florida, as well as world-changing research, education and advocacy, Nemours fulfills the promise of a healthier tomorrow for all children — even those who may never enter our doors. Nemours began more than 70 years ago with the vision of Alfred I. duPont to improve the lives of children and to do whatever it takes to prevent and treat even the most disabling childhood conditions. Today, through our children’s hospitals and health system, we directly care for 250,000 children annually in Delaware Valley and Florida, including families who travel from across the country and world to see our specialists — treating every child as we would our own. We also reach beyond the walls of our hospitals and clinics to be a voice for children on a national and international level, and to lead the way in prevention, intervention, education, and research. Nemours is growing to better serve the children and families in our ca...re. We have 1.1 million square feet of space currently devoted to providing children’s healthcare or under construction, all designed with significant input and advice from our patients and families.