All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One
· Paid Days Off from Day One
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
- Faith based and Mission driven agency
- Flexible scheduling
- One-on-one patient care in the patient’s home environment
- Joint Commission Deemed Status accredited agency
- Competitive pay with no state income tax
- Commitment to workplace wellness and exceptional health and benefits offerings
The role you’ll contribute:
The Home Health Physical Therapist (PT) Care Manager is a professional therapist who coordinates and directs the home care patient’s services based on individual patient needs. The PT Care Manager is responsible for independent management of the Home Health patient population requiring the use of advanced assessment, teaching and decision-making skills. The PT is responsible for ensuring that appropriate referrals to other services are made, interdisciplinary conferencing takes pace regularly, and appropriate documentation is completed. Relevant knowledge and experience is consistently applied to new patient populations. The PT Care Manager cares for a caseload of home health patients requiring therapy as the primary service by evaluating the patient for appropriateness of home health and developing the home care plan in conjunction with the physician. S/he educates patients, families, caregivers and community providers to safely perform care. S/he provides follow up by evaluating effectiveness of the home care plan, and monitoring patient/family’s response to the plan to achieve patient/family goals and top decile outcomes. The PT Care Manager also identifies performance improvement and home health standard of care initiatives and assists to design or implement programs to address needed changes.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Coordinates and directs the care of a caseload of home patients requiring physical therapy as the primary skill. Provides comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation for that caseload as the primary Care Manager.
· Sets priorities of home care caseload adapting to the changing needs of the home care patients and families. Optimizes schedule daily to support productivity, efficiency and maintain best practice visit utilization.
· Performs an evaluation, assessing function using a method which objectively measures activities of daily living such as, but not limited to, eating, swallowing, bathing, dressing, toileting, walking, climbing stairs, using assistive devices and mental and cognitive factors, documenting the measurement results in the clinical record.
· Utilizing assessment data, formulates a patient specific plan of care along with the patient, family and physician which is feasible within the physical, financial and emotional resources of the family. Establishes individualized, realistic, measurable patient centered goals in consultation with the patient, family and other health care providers including goals to improve or stabilize patient’s medical condition, functional abilities and promote independence. Considers the physical, cultural, psychosocial, spiritual, age specific and educational needs of the patient when developing the plan of care.
· Periodically reassess the patient every 30 days: provide the ordered therapy service, functionally reassess the patient and compare the resultant measurement to prior assessment measurements. Document the measurements in the clinical record along with the therapist’s determination of the effectiveness or therapy or lack thereof.