Be part of the solution. Our current healthcare system, despite herculean efforts on the part of clinicians, often fails to provide coordinated, seamless care. We feel there is a better way. Join a cutting-edge clinic and home-based team in providing integrated, supportive care to a complex aging population in Snohomish county, with a goal of reduced suffered, increased patient and family understanding, and optimized care.
The Everett Clinic/part of Optum is looking for a growth minded physician with experience hospital medicine, geriatrics and/or palliative medicine to join our Personalized Care Team. Applicants should have comfort with medically complex patients an interest advancing patient and family comprehension, and ability to focus on big picture goals.
Our Personalized Care Team is comprised of an interdisciplinary team of physicians, resident physicians, palliative care clinicians, pharmacists, social workers, RN care managers, and care navigators. The team provides whole person care to a diverse population in multiple settings, with a goal of reducing suffering and unnecessary or unbeneficial medical care for complex patients, particularly near the end of life.
The work includes:
- Seeing patients in a variety of settings including multiple clinic sites, the patient’s home, and social visits in the hospital/SNF
- 9-14 patient’s day (varies by FTE and days in the work week) with a mix of video, in person and home visits
- Regular interdisciplinary meetings to prioritize patient goals and predict the patient’s most likely course
- Further training in palliative care prognostication and advancing patient and family understanding of their most likely course
At The Everett Clinic/part of Optum you will experience:
- Flexible work week schedule (4 or 5 day work week as 1.0 FTE, flexible FTEs are available)
- Daily and weekly interdisciplinary huddles/rounds
- Home visits
- Family care conferences/shared visits with interdisciplinary team
- Epic EMR
- Integration with the Clinic’s Primary Care and Specialty system throughout Snohomish County
- Resident teaching
- Sign on bonus, competitive salary and benefits
Required Qualifications: Open to both BE/BC Family Medicine or Internal Medicine Physicians
- Unrestricted WA license
- Current DEA
- 1+ years of outpatient clinical experience
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience or training in geriatrics, complex care, or palliative care
- Demonstrated skill in working with multi-disciplinary team
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
At OptumCare, we’ve found that putting clinicians at the center of care is the best way to improve lives. Our physician-led organization is one of the most dynamic and progressive health care organizations in the world, serving over 17 million people through more than 45,000 aligned physicians and 9,000 advanced practice clinicians. You will find our team working in local clinics, surgery centers and urgent care centers, within care models focused on managing risk, higher quality outcomes and driving change through collaboration and innovation. Learn more at www.workatoptum.com.
Would you thrive with OptumCare?
- Do you practice evidence-based medicine?
- Are you seeking a practice focused on patient-centered quality care, not volume?
- Are you a team player - comfortable delegating and empowering teams?
- Are you constantly seeking better ways to do things?
- Do you want to be part of something better?
The salary range for Washington residents is $244,000.00 to $341,300.00. Salary Range is defined as total cash compensation at target. The actual range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.