Location: Redmond, Oregon
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
Internal Number: R1015200
ST. CHARLES MEDICAL GROUP
ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER JOB DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Family Medicine Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA-C)
REPORTS TO POSITION: Clinical Division Director
DEPARTMENT: St. Charles Family Care
DATE LAST REVIEWED: 12/20/21
OUR VISION: Creating America's healthiest community, together
OUR MISSION: In the spirit of love and compassion, better health, better care, better value
OUR VALUES: Accountability, Caring and Teamwork
POSITION OVERVIEW: Advanced Practice Provider, under the general supervision of the Clinical Division Director and direct supervision of a designated physician, provides medical and appropriate outpatient care to patients of all ages. Such care includes evaluation, diagnosis, treatment, and documentation of each care encounter. Coordinates medical, ancillary, nursing, and other services in the context of a Medical Home model to achieve the best and most cost-effective outcomes for patients under his/her care. Create treatment plans that incorporate Behavioral Health, RN Care Management, therapy, pharmacy, nutrition or surgery to manage patient illnesses and injuries. Monitor patients' on-going care plan and refer them to specialists based on their assessment of patients' progress and condition.
Work location: St. Charles Family Care Clinic Redmond (211 NW Larch Ave, Redmond, OR 97756)
Work schedule: APP will work minimum of 40 hours per week with a minimum of 36 hours patient contact time.. Scheduled days may vary depending on clinic operating days and hours
Call expectation: APP will be expected to participate in the clinic call rotation shared equally by all providers in the designated call group to include evenings, weekends and holidays. This is scheduled in coordination with other providers in the call group. A Family Care physician will provide back up and expertise support as needed by the APP.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: An APP is part of a team of dedicated professionals who provide care to patients and families in a Medical Home environment. Our goal is to deliver evidence-based and personalized care to patients based on their individual needs. The APP is supported in the delivery of comprehensive care by in-team Behavioral Health, Pharmacy, Care Managers, Community Health Educators and administrative staff.
Robust outpatient primary care clinic with embedded behavioral health, clinical pharmacy, population health and care management. St. Charles Medical Group is a comprehensive network of more than 250 providers that covers a complete range of primary care as well as more than 20 subspecialties. Family medicine is the medical specialty which provides continuing, comprehensive health care for the individual and family. It is a specialty in breadth that integrates the biological, clinical and behavioral sciences. The scope of family medicine encompasses all ages, sexes, genders, organ systems and disease entities.
DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- Practice and role model excellence in the Family Practice Medical Home domains of diagnosis, aligning treatment goals to patient values, definitive treatment, supportive care treatment, follow-up care, and preventive care.
- Practice evidence based Family medicine within the scope of license, training and credentialing. Cooperate with other SCHS providers and caregivers to insure optimal patient care and outcomes.
- Collaborate with other members of the SCMG Family Medicine,Specialty care provider teams and referring providers to ensure a world-class patient experience.
- Provide a therapeutic presence in service to others by purposefully responding to the needs of patients/customers in a caring way. This includes introducing oneself and stating your purpose, asking the patient their preferred name, spending time with the patient to determine their care goals, active listening, and using skillful communications (appropriate touch, eye contact, etc.).
- Prescribes medications in accordance with SCHS policies and procedures for medication administration.
- Consults with Care Team Pharmacist on behalf of poly-pharmacy patients or regarding medication efficacy.
- Consults with Care Team Psychiatrist regarding appropriate prescribing of psychotropic medications.
- Accurately document, code and bill for all patient care in the EHR or on the appropriate form in a timely manner and in compliance with SCMG defined Standards.
- Interpret and report on diagnostic tests in a timely manner in compliance with SCMG defined Standards. This should not exceed 72 hours for Urgent and 7 days for Routine diagnostics.
- Provide education for patients and/or families about preventative care, medical issues and use of the prescribed medical treatment and/or equipment.
- Participates in clinic after-hours call duties and responsibilities.
- Support the delivery, measurement and improvement of quality health measures as identified by SCMG.
- Consults with Physician as needed and may have chart notes reviewed or approve
- Acts as a leader and supports departmental goals and the vision, mission and values of the St. Charles Health System in all respects.
- Provides customer service in a manner that promotes goodwill, is timely, efficient and accurate.
- Creates a healing environment that supports all aspects of care, respects the wholeness of the individual, and demonstrates therapeutic presence through attitudes and behaviors that enhance the safety and care experience for patients, caregivers and guests.
- Supports Value Improvement Practice (VIP- Lean) principles of continuous improvement with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a champion of change; Contribute as necessary to assist in policy formation for the organization.
- Participates in creating intentional relationships and puts a high level of focus on attitudes and behaviors that enhance the care experience.
- Is familiar with the organization structure, communications systems and billing process, completing billing and coding documentation within time assigned.
- Conducts all activities with the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations, policies and procedures, supporting the health system's corporate integrity efforts by acting in an ethical and appropriate manner, reporting known or suspected violations of applicable rules, and cooperating fully with all health system's investigations and proceedings.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted to maintain privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Increases understanding and collaboration throughout the medical community.
- Maintain compliance of hospital's Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, as required by SCHS Board of Directors.
- Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies or Master of Science in Nursing
- Complete annual fire/safety, etc. education in-services as required.
- Attend mandatory educational offerings as described in SCHS policies/procedures and/or as required by other regulatory bodies.
- Complete annual CME as required to maintain license and appropriate Board certification.
- Complete in a timely manner assigned Computer Based Learning modules.
- Doctorate of Science in Physician Assistant Studies or Doctorate of Nursing Practice
- Unrestricted Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner license.
- Physician Assistant requires NCCPA certification. Nurse Practitioner requires AANC or ANNP certification with a population focus appropriate to Family Medicine (eg. FNP).
- If Physician Assistant, ability to establish and maintain a Practice Agreement with a Supervising Physician.
- Unrestricted Federal DEA number.
- Unrestricted ability to participate in Medicare / Medicaid, or other federal or state governmental health care programs.
- Current AHA BLS certification required.
- If provider will practice sedation, moderate or deep, AHA ACLS certification is also required.
- Additional certifications may be required based on privileges granted to provider by Medical Staff Services at SCHS Inpatient locations.
- Keep all licenses and appropriate certifications current and unrestricted.
- Maintain active privileges at a St. Charles Health System hospital sufficient to permit performance of job duties.
- Physician Assistant and/or Nurse Practitioner licensure in the state of Oregon.
- Federal DEA number registered in Oregon.
- Experience in an outpatient practice environment providing care in Family Medicine.
- Experience using EHR (Electronic Health Records) software.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with a diverse population and professionally represent St. Charles Health System.
- Experience working in a team environment and proven ability to collaborate, manage facilitation and consensus building among health care professionals and agencies to achieve expected results.
- 2+ years' experience in an active Family Medicine practice.
- Familiar with Medical Home Care model.
- Knowledge of Quality Measures, data collection and outcome review and improvement.
- Experience with providing, documenting and billing Annual Medicare Wellness Visits.
- Epic HER software experience
ADDITIONAL POSITION INFORMATION
- Family Care is the foundation of services provided within St. Charles Health System. Our goal is to support the quadruple aim of improved population health, reduced care costs, satisfied patients and satisfied providers.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to perform the job safely.
Continually (75% or more)
- Standing & Walking
- Keyboard Operation
- Using a Clear and Audible Speaking Voice
- Hearing at Normal Speech Levels.
- Lifting, Carrying & Pushing / Pulling up to 25 lbs.
- Bending, Stooping, Kneeling, Crouching
- Lifting, Carrying & Pushing / Pulling 25lbs. to 50 lbs.
- Grasping / Squeezing
- Hearing at Whispered Speech Levels
- Climbing Stairs
- Exposure to Wet / Slippery areas
- Exposure to Chemical Solutions
**Nothing in this job description is intended, nor shall be interpreted, as a grant or approval of medical staff membership or clinical privileges. By law and applicable accreditation standards, medical staff membership and clinical privileges can be granted or approved only by a hospital's medical staff and governing body. Employment processes and requirements, which are governed primarily by the human resources policies of St. Charles, are separate and distinct from medical staff membership and clinical privileging processes and requirements, which are governed primarily by the bylaws and policies of the hospital medical staff. Accordingly, employed physicians and providers of St. Charles are required at all relevant times not only to satisfy the requirements and perform the duties set forth in this job description, but, also, to satisfy the requirements and perform the duties for obtaining and maintain appropriate medical staff membership and clinical privileges.
Schedule Weekly Hours:
Is Exempt Position?
NURSE PRACTIONER or PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT
Scheduled Days of the Week:
Shift Start & End Time: