Location: Windermere, Florida
Nemours is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse (Primary Care, Windemere), FULL-TIME, to join our Primary Care team in Orlando, Florida.
Nemours primary care practices provide a kid-friendly, family-centered pediatric primary care experience for families in Central Florida. With 20 primary care and three urgent care practices conveniently located throughout the region, we provide quality, professional pediatric services with special attention on preventive care and whole-child wellness.
This position is responsible for: The LPN acts as a liaison between the patient and physician/provider. The LPN assists physicians, other nurses, and additional medical care team members in the delivery of care to pediatric patients.
- Performs complete and accurate patient assessment or reassessment.
- Screens patients for appropriate information and instructs them in the collection of specimens.
- Provides education to the patient and/or parent/guardian in a manner that the recipient understands in order to contribute to positive patient care outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Coordinates clinic flow:
- Greets patients and families and prepares them for provider examination.
- Confirms patient ID using two identifier (name and DOB) and rooms patients.
- Obtain vital signs.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Performance of in-office laboratory test and entering results in patient chart
- Performance of laboratory controls and ensures within range. Trouble shoots any out-of-range control.
- Administer immunizations according to guidelines.
- Administer prescribed medications including oral, injectable, and inhaled according to guidelines.
- Reviews and prepares charts for clinic visits.
- Perform spirometry.
- Trouble shoot equipment.
- Actively participates in team huddles.
- Exhibits 200% accountability.
- Maintains and reviews medical record, and other patient information, and ensures appropriate documentation is available for provider review
- Check laboratory results, posttests and exam results are in chart as required.
- Follow up on cultures, labs, outside testing ordered and discharge summaries (hospital/ER/UC)
- Enter and complete telephone encounters per protocol.
- Ensure in basket pools are completed timely.
- Monitors voicemail.
- Previews patient charts and assist with identifying gaps in care.
- Prepares equipment and rooms and assists physician/provider during treatments, examinations, procedures and testing of patients.
- Maintains clinical supplies and organizes exam rooms.
- Keeps exam rooms clean and stocked of all needed supplies.
- Ensures medications and immunizations are safely stored in an appropriate area as designated by law and departmental policy and that medication and immunization expiration dates are evaluated on a monthly schedule.
- Ensures provider's orders are carried out.
- Arrange patient diagnostic testing at outside facilities including completion of prior authorization.
- Schedule referrals for appointments, home care, radiology, and other requests
- Call pharmacies prescription orders/refills
- Work Healthy Planet reports and Care Gaps
- Responds to phone calls and gives advice as dictated, according to established guidelines.
- Works with schedulers to schedule patients according to orders
- Answers or returns calls in a courteous and timely manner and documents calls according to established guidelines.
- Specialized (1 year of training beyond high school) required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience required.
- Valid State of Florida LPN License required.
- AHA BLS Certification required upon hire.