Our colleagues are Amazing! Every day!
At Lehigh Valley Health Network, you have the opportunity to make an important impact on the lives of your patients! We are seeking an enthusiastic BC/BE Geriatrician who has great clinical and interpersonal skills to join our team in beautiful Allentown, PA. To learn more, please send your CV to Carissa.Abel@lvhn.org.
Imagine a career at one of the nation's most advanced health networks. Be part of an exceptional health care experience and join the inspired, passionate team at Lehigh Valley Health Network (LVHN). LVHN has been ranked among the "Best Hospitals" by U.S. News & World Report for over 20 years. Whether you're considering your next career move or your first, consider LVHN where you will provide community care and impact the lives of your patients.
LVHN offers providers the strength of a large network, an integrated medical staff and a platform to develop and grow your clinical, research, academic, and educational career.
We offer flexibility to design your own position in our program as part of a hybrid group that includes 10 geriatricians, 2 internal medicine physicians, 2 family practice physicians and 8 nurse practitioners. All call is telephone only, and shared among the whole group.
LEHIGH VALLEY HEALTH NETWORK'S (LVHN), Geriatrics program has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 50 in the country for 8 years. LVHN has a strong commitment to population health and innovation.
Our group provides the following services:
- In patient consultations at Lehigh Valley Hospital - Cedar Crest and a strong collaboration with the trauma division
- Post-acute services in sub-acute and skilled nursing facilities
- Nursing facility and personal care practices with opportunities for Medical Directorships
- The Fleming Memory Center: An outpatient center offering comprehensive evaluation and support services with a social worker and patient liaison. Awarded an AOA PPHF Alzheimer's Disease Initiative -Supportive Services grant in 2016 to develop caregiver education and support.
- Opportunities for teaching, research and academic career advancement are available.
- We are active in the teaching of IM and FP residents, medical students, nurse practitioner students and palliative care fellows.
- Physicians at LVHN are eligible for faculty appointments at USF, the hospitals academic affiliate.
- We offer a unique program, USF SELECT, which recruits and develops medical students with the intellectual perspective, empathy, creativity and passion to change patient care, the health of communities and the medical profession.
- Must be board eligible or board certified
- Must be fellowship trained
- A current PA medical license or ability to obtain one is required
- Attractive Work Schedule & Starting Bonus
- Highly Competitive compensation with a superb benefits package
- Low-cost health insurance for employees and their families
- Generous CME allowance and time
- Top-tier retirement programs
- Educational Stipend and Loan Forgiveness Assistance Program
- Malpractice Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Relocation Assistance
At Lehigh Valley Health Network, we have a Passion for Better Medicine and to provide first-rate clinical care for the people of our community in Eastern Pennsylvania! Consistently ranked among America's 100 Great Hospitals we PRIDE ourselves on being the superior Health Network in the region! The highest quality of patient care & patient safety is reflected in our "A" rating by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade and the U.S. News & World Report.
The Lehigh Valley campuses include LVH- Cedar Crest, LVH- Muhlenberg, LVH- 17th Street, and LVH- Tilghman which are located in Allentown & Bethlehem. These locations offer extensive services including Emergency Department, OB/GYN, Cardiology, Psychiatry, Surgical Suites, the regions only Level 4 NICU, the Lehigh Valley's only Children's Hospital, and more!
Lehigh Valley area:
The Lehigh Valley is the fastest growing and third largest region in Pennsylvania. The area is conveniently located 1 hour north of Philadelphia and 1.5 hours from NYC. The Lehigh Valley offers a moderate cost of living and is home to great public schools, safe neighborhoods, prestigious universities, and a strong economy! To learn more about the Lehigh Valley visit: www.discoverlehighvalley.com
Influenza vaccination and COVID-19 Vaccination is required for all colleagues unless medically contraindicated or due to a bona fide religious belief or practice. Applicants possessing a medical marijuana card will not be considered for safety sensitive positions.
Lehigh Valley Health Network Careers Overview - YouTube