Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Monday - Friday,
Variable Day Shift between the hours of 7am - 6pm
Onsite, 5 days/week
The Clinical Operations Supervisor works collaboratively within an interdisciplinary health care team and acts as resource for staff and medical providers.
1.Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities of improvement or revision
2.Adds value as a key member of management understands the business, financials, industry, customers and strategy.
3.Supervises employees, provides direction, coaches, trains and develops, and manages performance to company goals and expectations.
4.Prepares, manages, and adheres to department budget to maintain expenditure controls.
5.Provides coordination in collaboration with the Managers and Directors of the specific department.
6.Accountable for business practice operations (workflow, procedures, facility furnishings, inventory, supplies, Kronos, process improvement), personnel supervision and general administration (assisting physicians, clinical staff, and management.
7.Assists Director and or Manager with projects.
8.Other duties as required.
1. Experience in pediatrics is preferred.
2. Experience in Lean Six Sigma and other performance improvement methodologies is preferred.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
4. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
5. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
6. Proficient in MS Office Suite [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Epic or similar EMR software is required/preferred.
Education and Experience
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required.
2. Certification: Registered Nurse licensure is required if providing direct patient care current Health Care Provider BLS is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: 0 to 2 years is preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: