Location: Nashville, Tennessee
A Registered Nurse is responsible for planning, organizing, and administering patient care within the scope of his/her training and expertise, collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes is met. This is done in conjunction with the objectives and policies of the hospital and the Nurse Practice Act of the State of Tennessee. A Registered Nurse is responsible to the Charge Nurse, Clinical Supervisor, Department Manager/Director, Nursing Supervisor, Associate Directors and the Chief Nursing Officer. A Registered Nurse is responsible for the direction and supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses, Lab Coordinator, Emergency Department Technicians, and Nursing Secretaries.
This is a PRN position, night shift.
* Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs across the continuum.
* Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
* Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to ensure effective outcomes.
* Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy environment.
* The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
* Nursing Patient Education (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical applications of moderate difficulty.
* Care Planning (Novice): Demonstrates ability to anticipate resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity. Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
* Evidence-Based Nutrition Practice (Novice): Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully search for nutrition evidence to answer clinical questions. Generally works under the direction of others while accomplishing assignments.
* NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION HOME CARE(NOVICE): : Possesses ample fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications of moderate difficulty in the home setting. The RN Home Care works autonomously to provide safe, thorough and effective physician-ordered care in the home setting. Conducts primary care patient interviews, assesses the safety of the home environment and performs a comprehensive physical assessment. The RN Home Care demonstrates appropriate acumen to recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's primary care provider.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
As a Vanderbilt University Medical Center employee, you make a difference to our patients and their families by bringing compassion and care to those in need of hope and healing. Please see our current employee benefits offered:
- Affordable High Quality Health Plan Options
- Dental and /or vision plan
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Paid Time off (flex PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement and adoption assistance (maximums applied)
- Short-Long term disability
- Subsidized backup childcare
- And many more... Ask us about our current inpatient nursing supplemental Pay Program!
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas related to own job area/team with occasional guidance. Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately complex problems using technical experience and judgment. Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through experience within a professional area. Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to team members.
Core Capabilities :
Supporting Colleagues:- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy, and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance e and gain knowledge in new areas.- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences. Delivering Excellent Services:- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness. Ensuring High Quality: - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them. - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. Managing Resources Effectively: - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities. Fostering Innovation:- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges.- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
LIC-Registered Nurse - Licensure-Others
Relevant Work Experience
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program
For a copy of the physical requirements of this position to determine if you can perform the duties with or without an accommodation or to request an accommodation, please contact VUMC Employee Relations at 615-343-4759 or firstname.lastname@example.org.