Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
The Injury Prevention Specialist develops and implements Goodyear Safe Mobility Project and injury prevention strategies.
- Develop and implement Goodyear Safe Mobility Project and injury prevention strategies within Summit, Medina, Stark and Portage counties.
- Creates a data driven approach to address injury prevention which is in alignment with Goodyear Safe Mobility Project work plan and accrediting bodies.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external partners to address identified Safe Mobility Project strategies focused on child passenger safety [CPS], bicycle safety, pedestrian safety and teen safe driving.
- Assists with injury prevention data analysis and develops reports highlighting geographic areas of significant injury risk.
- Serve on committees, work groups or task forces to support the goals of the Safe Mobility Project.
- Coordinates volunteer opportunities for Goodyear Associates to participate in Safe Mobility Project activities.
- Works with IRB and other research partners to establish effective measure and evaluation tools.
- Oversees bike helmet, child passenger safety, teen safe driving or other intervention strategies related to the Safe Mobility Project and injury prevention
- Other duties as required.
- Experience planning, executing and evaluating community health or injury prevention initiatives, analyzing data and preparing reports, developing and leading committees and research is required.
- Experience working independently and in team settings and manage various complex projects simultaneously is required.
- Travel and valid Ohio driver's license is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Community Health Education, or related field is required.
- Certification: Child passenger safety technician certification is required or obtained within 60 days from hire.
- Years of relevant experience: 3 to 5 years is preferred.
- Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: