Location: Belpre, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Start date for position is May 1 employee may start earlier but would be required to train in New Philly.
The Medical Assistant II role provides Proficient level clinical and administrative support for patients under the direction of a Provider and/or licensed Nurse and assist with training needs within scope.
- Prepares patients for examination takes and records vital signs performs phlebotomy as needed administers medications as directed by the Providers according to policy and procedure
- Collects data that contributes to the assessment and evaluation of individualized care and needs of assigned patients, including discharge plans, under the direction of the Licensed Nurse
- Collects, processes, and submits laboratory specimens in accordance with policy and procedure
- Communicates patient findings and pertinent information to the Provider and/or Licensed Nurse utilizing appropriate communication/documentation processes
- Accurate and timely documentation of care within EPIC system
- Performs point-of-service activities such as appointment scheduling, visit preparation, co-payment collection and patient tracking as needed
- Performs clinical duties that are department specific such as POCT, hearing and vision screenings, and any other procedures
- Performs routine task and general office duties such as faxing, copying, filing, etc. as needed
- Cleans, stocks, and prepares examination rooms
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with patients, families, and colleagues
- Triage work related issues with little assist from proper hierarchy
- Actively participates in departmental process improvement projects
- Follows safety policies and procedures in the delivery of care to assure a safe environment for patients, families, and other staff members
- Other duties assigned
- Experience in phlebotomy is preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in medical terminology is required
- Experience working in healthcare environment is preferred
- Experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word) or similar software is required
- Experience working in electronic medical record (i.e., EPIC) or similar software is preferred
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Completion of an approved (valid) Medical Assistant Program, EMT Program, or Paramedic Program is required
- Certification: Medical Assistant certification preferred
- Years of relevant experience: Minimum of 6 (six) months of experience required
- Years of experience supervising: None
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: