Location: Newark, Delaware
ChristianaCare, a nationally recognized leader in healthcare, is actively recruiting Palliative Medicine Physicians to join established program in Delaware
Board Certified/Board Eligible Hospice & Palliative Medicine Physicians are encouraged to apply - Palliative experience a plus!
- Join Delaware's premier health system while providing care and comfort to patients with advanced chronic and serious illnesses including heart failure, COPD, and cancer
- Take advantage of an established and growing program that includes a "high-performance team" commitment with nine physicians and eight advanced professionals; in addition to an interdisciplinary team of caregivers that include chaplains, social workers, nurses, medical assistants, and office assistants
- Choose to work in the inpatient or outpatient setting and enjoy the opportunity to teach palliative medicine fellows
- President/CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2022 By Modern Healthcare
- Achieved Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals Award In 2021
- Live and work within 1 hour of Philadelphia and Baltimore, 2 hours from New York City and Washington D.C.
- Supportive and Palliative Care Program has a leading Fellowship Program in Hospice and Palliative Care in the Delaware Valley region
Compensation & benefits package include:
- Base salary, annual bonus incentive, plus sign-on bonus
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Six weeks + of Paid Time Off plus one week of CME time
- 403b, 457b, and Defined Contribution Plans
- Fully paid malpractice insurance
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
ChristianaCare is one of the country's most dynamic health systems, centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs. ChristianaCare includes an extensive network of outpatient services, home health care, medical aid units, three hospitals (1,300 beds), a Level I trauma center and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. We rank 21st in the nation for hospital admissions and 6th for admission of stroke patients.
ChristianaCare is a not-for-profit teaching health system with more than 290 residents and fellows. We are continually ranked by US News & World Report as a Best Hospital. With our unique, data-powered care coordination service and a focus on population health and value-based care, ChristianaCare is shaping the future of health care.
Working for ChristianaCare offers the best of urban and suburban living with multiple housing options, excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beaches. The location provides easy access to Washington, DC, Philadelphia, and New York City - all within a short drive or train ride from Newark, DE.