Location: Akron, Ohio
Admin / Clerical
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time (40 hours per week) M-F Days
Summary:Supports the Director by maintaining calendar, scheduling meetings, preparing documents and presentations using Microsoft programs, responding on behalf of the Director both verbally and in writing as requested.
1. Supports department operations by inputting data, answering the phone and routing of departmental phone calls.
2. Keyboards and proofs department correspondence and reports, schedules meetings as necessary, and files completed peer review forms.
3. Maintains office supplies.
4. Assists in Kronos record keeping.
5. Performs general typing and project work.
1. Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
2. Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
Education and Experience
1. High School graduate or equivalent required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years' experience required.
3. Basic to advanced knowledge of computer system required (I.e. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point).
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: