LPN2 - Night Shift
Vanderbilt Home Care Service
$10K Sign On Bonus
The LPN2 works in collaboration with the RN or a licensed healthcare team member to provide direct care to patients, both pediatric and adult in the home setting.
In this Private Duty LPN role, you will travel to one patients home to provide the prescribed care throughout your shift. We have 2 pediatric patients that need night shift staff. Night shift, hourly paid position, shift differential, excellent benefits beginning day one of employment, and sign on bonus.
Sign On Bonus: $10K sign on for full time, new employees (paid out after 60 days of employment. Former employees need to be separated from Vanderbilt at least one full year to qualify.)
- One position is night shift located in Lebanon, Wilson County area
- One position, night shift located in Antioch, Davidson County area
- 3 day Clinical Orientation
- Private Duty orientation
Vanderbilt Home Care is part of one of the country's most respected medical centers. We provide in-home care for patients with chronic conditions.
Imagine being able to take a more personal approach to nursing -- focusing on just one patient at a time. It's possible as a private duty professional with Vanderbilt Home Care.
The majority of our private duty patients are infants or children, so we look for nurses who have a strong desire to work with a pediatric population.
"Click the following link to learn more about the benefits of a career with Vanderbilt Home Care."
Bringing Vanderbilt Care into Your Home Since 1985
Vanderbilt Home Care provides caregivers in the patient's own environment under the direction of the patient's physician. When you or your loved one receives care from Vanderbilt Home Care, you are in the hands of highly skilled, compassionate individuals. We take pride in our work and feel privileged to be part of one of the country's most respected medical centers.
Our Mission and Values:
Our mission is to provide excellence in home care with the high standards that we would expect for our own family and loved ones. Our values include:
- Support for community based home services through excellence in clinical practice and education
- Patient safety and quality
- Strong interdisciplinary collaboration, communication and partnership
- Evidenced based practice and clinical expertise
- Technology enhanced innovation
The Home Health Quality team is a small task oriented team which consists of a quality educator, a quality data analyst, and quality reviewer. They work closely together with clinical managers to provide meaningful data on home health patient population and clinician best practices.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping people, families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Collaborates with patients/families and health care providers in the delivery of health care services
- Partners with the healthcare team by following established plan of care to ensure patient progress for effective outcomes
- Support plans to promote health and a safe and healthy environment
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned
- Navigates intense medical scenarios with autonomy, under the direction of the supervising RN while maintaining compliance with the physician ordered plan of care
- Administer intravenous fluids and perform sterile procedures
- Recognize and respond to clinical situations appropriately and timely to prevent patient decompensation and injury
- Identify and assess patient needs and clinical changes, accurately reporting assessment findings in a timely manner to Supervising RN and physician