Location: Montebello, New York
The Director of Revenue Cycle Operations, Home Health and the Long-Term Care divisions will be tasked with overall coordinated maintenance and administration of Revenue Cycle Services (RCS) activities and reporting. This will include the development and implementation of Revenue Cycle Operations, Homecare and LTC programs and processes to address operations, client and physician issues as required for the successful operation of the billing and accounts receivable departments.
* Develops specific Revenue Cycle Operations, Homecare and Long-Term Care (LTC) billing policies.
* Develops and enhances current revenue cycle dashboards.
* Develops key metrics that will drive the cash collections.
* Evaluates the current billing processes and makes recommendations for change, if needed.
* Works with Finance in determining Revenue Cycle operations, Homecare and LTC specific reserve calculations.
* Evaluates current organizational structure and staffing.
* Develops key measures that drive the revenue and operating performance.
* Keeps abreast of regulatory/industry trends and demonstrates leadership in driving new Revenue Cycle operations, Homecare and LTC industry changes.
* Monitors daily billings and cash collections.
* Works with Managed Care division in developing new managed care contracts.
* Trends any denials and provides information/analysis to senior leadership.
* Establishes parameters for accounts to be sent to collections agency.
* Works with managed care revenue cycle leadership to develop and implement best practice strategies to reduce billing errors and maximize contract payments.
* Develops business office strategies designed to maximize cash flow and financial performance.
* Serves as the key leader in managing denials.
* Manages all other projects as assigned to enhance and protect Revenue.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
A minimum of 7 years' experience in a leadership role in patient accounting required.
Extensive knowledge, understanding and expertise with Revenue Cycle Services (RCS), prior experience in Hospital, Home Health, or LTC revenue cycle management, thorough knowledge of billing systems required.
Bachelor's degree in finance, business administration or related field required. Master's Degree in finance, business administration or related field preferred.
Licenses / Certifications:
CHFP (Certified Healthcare Financial Professional) preferred.
Good Samaritan Hospital Home Care