Location: Akron, Ohio
About Akron Children's Hospital
Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
20 hours per week
Serves as first point of contact for coordinating Radiology Services for out-patients, internal and external providers and other clinical and support staff. As a team member, you will work to provide the best care and services, to ensure customer satisfaction and a positive patient experience, upholding the Akron Children's Hospital's culture and values.
- Manages complex scheduling and coordination of services for Radiology appointment requests.
- Responsible for knowledge and understanding of clinical criteria warranting specific Radiology orders, and scheduling according to the Department of Radiology guidelines.
- Responsible for verifying and ensuring that all patients' physician orders are received, written and ordered correctly and in accordance with Radiology guidelines and protocols.
- Ability to communicate STAT results to providers and patients, while maintaining HIPPA compliance and demonstrating sensitivity to the patients and families.
- Gathers appropriate registration information, including demographic and insurance verification to expedite the Authorization/ Pre-Certification process and to achieve optimal reimbursement.
- Greeting and registering outpatients for their appointments that includes gathering accurate demographic and financial information or scheduling of walk-in patients.
- Other duties as required.
- Experience working with all levels within an organization is preferred.
- Experience in healthcare is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology and patient scheduling experience preferred.
- This position requires excellent communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in patient registration, scheduling, office, or a customer service role, using computers, required.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- CHAA (Certified Healthcare Access Associate) or related medical certification a plus.
- This position requires telephone work, customer interface, the ability to work independently and use sound judgement
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: