Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Days.  This is a hybrid work-from-home position.  The ability to work from home may changed based on business needs.
Summary: The Project Manager leads multiple IT projects with complex objectives and activities.
1. Creates detailed project documentation such as project plans, charters, SOWs, risk/issue logs, and meeting minutes.
2. Plans and scopes all project phases and components ensuring projects are on schedule and within scope.
3. Creates and maintains project budgets.
4. Proactively addresses issues and risks associated with the project.
5. Assists with contract negotiation and compliance.
6. Monitors assigned projects and provides summary status reports to management and makes presentations as needed.
7. Other duties as required.
Technical Expertise 1. Experience in project management methodology and tools is required.
2. Experience in large and/or multiple projects is required.
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required. Project management software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field is required Master's degree is preferred.
2. Certification: PMP certification is required.
3. Years of relevant experience: 5 to 7 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: