Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full - Time 40 Hours Per Week First Shift 8am - 4:30pm  Fully Remote Position
The Billing/Collection Representative is responsible for the timely and accurate billing, follow-up, and collection of patient accounts in order to reduce accounts receivable and increase cash flow utilizing automated software and on-line functionalities.
Performs billing duties including obtaining required data and submitting clean claims, satisfying pre-edit errors, correcting charges, and researching billing delays for all responsible parties and third party payors.
Performs follow-up duties including working systematic and other assigned accounts, updating spreadsheets and work-lists, making written and telephone inquiries, resubmitting rejected or denied claims, resolving credit balance accounts, and verifying correct payments/adjustments from all third party payors via telephone, electronic transactions, website interactions.
Will access and maneuver across numerous payer websites and other electronic systems/processes.
Interacts with internal departments as well as external payers and third party vendors via written and verbal communication and electronic interchanges.
Assumes the submission of a clean claim and securing complete and accurate payment in the shortest timeline possible.
Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in hospital or physician billing, follow-up, customer service or credit/collection is required.
2. Experience with UB-04/HCFA 1500 billing and knowledgeable of governmental, managed care and commercial payor regulations is required.
3. Type 35 WPM is required.
4. Strong communication, mathematical aptitude, critical thinking skills and analytical skills are required.
5. Ability to communicate verbally and prepare written communications for patients, patient's families, physicians, third party payors, collection agencies, attorneys and other hospital staff is required. 6. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
7. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
8. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification: None. 3. Years of relevant experience: 2 years in hospital billing and follow-up experience including customer service and credit/collections is required.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: