Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
16 Hours per Week
The Rehabilitation Technician is responsible for providing direct/indirect patient care to multiple patients under the direct on-site supervision of professional staff. Acts as a patient/family liaison with medical and hospital personnel. Assists with various administrative responsibilities and department upkeep.
1. Department upkeep including preparation of treatment areas and submission of work orders
2. Equipment maintenance and assembly/disassembly
3. Track inventory and stock supplies
4. Videotaping therapy sessions
5. Transporting patients to/from therapy sessions
6. Update patient treatment lists on excel/word
7. Supervise patients during breaks
8. Direct/indirect patient care under therapist supervision (casting, transfers, toileting, dressing, bathing, positioning, gait training, assistance with groups)
9. Coordination of care between disciplines, providers and family
10. Patient scheduling
11. Pool chemical check and balance
12. Documentation within the patient's electronic medical record, as needed
13. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psychological, social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
14. Other duties as required.
1. Experience in a rehab setting working with children with who are medically fragile or have disabilities is preferred.
2. Strong customer service skills required
3. Experience working with all levels within an organization is required.
4. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is required.
Education and Experience
1. Education: high school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Associate degree in relevant field preferred.
3. Years of relevant experience: minimum of 3 years is preferred.
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
5. BLS certification required
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: