Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org .
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Full Time, Three 12 hour shifts, 7:00pm to 7:30am.
Summary : The Suture Technician provides wound care and suturing of noncomplex wounds and supportive care of orthopedic injuries.
Responsibilities: 1. Reports to Nurse Manager of the assigned emergency department.
2. Provides wound care and suturing of noncomplex wounds and orthopedic injuries as delegated by and under the supervision of the attending physician.
3. Provides care to patients as delegated by and under the direction of the registered nurse.
4. Assists in the provision of patient and family education under the direction and supervision of a physician or Registered Nurse.
5. Reports to the Nurse Manager of the assigned emergency department .
6. Other duties as assigned to support the unit.
7. Participates in educational efforts of the department and unit.
8. demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care for the physical, psych/social, educational, and safety needs of the patients served regardless of age.
9. Other duties as required.
Other information: Technical Expertise 1. Experience in suture is preferred.
2. Experience as an emergency medical technician [EMT] or EMT Advanced, Paramedic, Medical Assistant, Surgical Technician is required.
3. Current Health Care Provider BLS training from the American Heart Association is required.
4. Experience in healthcare is preferred.
5. Proficiency in MS Office [Outlook, Excel, Word] or similar software is preferred.
Education and Experience 1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Certification : Certification as an EMT or Medic. Successful completion of the suture orientation program and credentialed through medical staff for suture.
3. Years of relevant experience: 3 years is preferred .
4. Years of experience supervising: None.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: