Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
As the RRT AP, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our Respiratory team! You will have the opportunity to build relationships with the goal of making an impact on our patients at such an important time in their lives. You will be an active and engaged change agent; dedicated to the needs of our patients and families. Steadfast to safe, kind, effective, efficient, evidenced-based and high quality clinical care, outcome focused and solution oriented.
Available shift is 36 hour/week nights. Enjoy a 18% Night Shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential applies for any weekend hours worked.
University Medical Center Phoenix Banner - University Medical Center Phoenix is a nationally recognized academic medical center. The world-class hospital is focused on coordinated clinical care, expanded research activities and nurturing future generations of highly trained medical professionals. Our commitment to nursing excellence has enabled us to achieve Magnet(tm) recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. The Phoenix campus, long known for excellent patient care, has over 730 licensed beds, a number of unique specialty units and is the new home for medical discoveries, thanks to our collaboration with the University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix. Additionally, the campus responsibilities include fully integrated multi-specialty and sub-specialty clinics, and with a new $400 million campus investment, a new patient tower and 2 new clinic buildings will be built.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently provides respiratory care, pulmonary plus cardiology diagnostic testing and advanced clinical monitoring techniques to patients. This position is a resource person and specialist who may provide assistance to physicians and other healthcare professionals in complex procedures in specialty areas. This position may provide leadership and coordination of services and direction to staff on an assigned shift.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs all basic modalities and advanced practice respiratory therapy, pulmonary plus cardiology diagnostic testing as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
2. Performs multiple access procedures, arterial and venous. May assist in FDPAC and IAPB insertion and associated invasive cardiac outputs/profile and non-invasive cardiac outputs as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
3. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators in collaboration with physician and/or licensed independent practitioners recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort, and to expedite the weaning process. The practitioner demonstrates expert clinical proficiency in traditional and non-traditional ventilation modalities as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the application of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in delivery of care in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Performs patient assessment and evaluates patient response to care provided, making recommendations to physicians/licensed independent practitioners regarding the plan of care, and appropriate use of respiratory therapy and modification of therapy as clinical condition changes. Documents care provided and all interventions in an accurate and complete manner.
6. Acts as a resource to therapists and other healthcare practitioners regarding patient status, equipment and operational issues. Participates in interdisciplinary rounding, making recommendations for changes in therapy dictated by the patient's condition. Collaborates with patients, families and other health care professionals regarding the care provided, services available and problem identification and resolution.
7. Participates in ongoing monitoring of quality, appropriateness and effectiveness of therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, and the development of policy/procedures. Assists with training, orientation and continuing development of students, orientees and staff, and with in-service education, training programs and equipment evaluation recommendations.
8. May be assigned shift supervision responsibilities. May have operational responsibilities for supporting and facilitating business growth and process improvements. May coordinate oversight of quality and safety standards, assist in budget development, and provide operational resource management of staff, supplies, and equipment to ensure optimal productivity.
9. This position independently provides respiratory care, diagnostic testing and advanced clinical monitoring techniques to patients with respiratory and/or cardiac disorders to a diverse patient population. Serves as a resource person and may provide leadership during assigned shifts. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physicians and their office staff, payers, community agencies and regulatory agencies.
Associate or technical degree
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT). RRT required for all new hires to the position after October 1, 2015. Incumbents in the position as of October 1, 2015 must possess their RRT by October 1, 2017. A current license in state practiced as required by state law. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and/or Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) is required as pertinent to the practice specialty. Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) specialists must have Neonatal/Pediatric Specialist (NPS). In Home Care setting, must posses valid drivers license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
In-depth knowledge of clinical techniques, applications and equipment as typically obtained through 3 years of clinical experience. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as an RRT Advanced Practitioner in the specialty area.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.